September 15, 2022
Personal information we collect
- Email Address
- Mobile phone number
- Brokerage account connectivity information
We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs, and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Application and Services. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Application and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the website or how you have used the Application. The information automatically collected may be associated with a unique identifier as well as with any other personal data you have provided.
Additionally, when you create or sign in to your account using your social internet service credentials (Facebook, Twitter, Google), such service provides us your username and email address for those credentials. We do not control and do not take responsibility for the manner in which third parties provide or process your personal information.
How we use your personal information
QuantFu uses your personal data to fulfill your request to create a QuantFu account and link it to one or more brokerage accounts as well as to evaluate and improve our services, distribute market and trading alerts to you, analyze the Application’s performance and functionality, prevent fraud, enforce our terms and conditions, comply with all applicable laws and corporate reporting obligations, enforce QuantFu’s agreements, and accomplish other purposes you may initiate or request. In some situations the collection of personal information may be required for the operation of Application and Services. We may combine and/or analyze personal information to evaluate and offer content and services most relevant to you. We may keep any of your personal information on file and use it to contact you.
Disclosure of personal information
QuantFu may provide your personal information to firms that provide assistance in servicing your accounts and that have a need for such information, such as a broker, custodian, or other service provider, for example, billing and communications services. To the extent applicable, QuantFu requires third party service providers and financial institutions with which it has relationships to protect the confidentiality of your information and to use the information only for purposes for which the information is disclosed. QuantFu does not otherwise provide information about you to outside firms, organizations or individuals except to its attorneys, accountants, and other service providers as permitted by law. In addition we may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity;
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services, and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against QuantFu, our affiliates, and/or business partners;
- To support auditing, compliance, legal, and corporate governance functions;
- To prospective purchasers and assignees in the event our business, or a portion thereof, is sold or assigned;
- To other third parties as may be required for the purposes set forth within this notice, or where we have obtained the appropriate authorization, if required; and
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
In cases where you request to rectify, delete, or limit the processing of your personal data by us, we will also notify third-party recipients.
We will also inform you of these recipients, if you so request.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
Security and storage of personal information
QuantFu restricts access to nonpublic personal information about you to firm members with a legitimate business need for the information. QuantFu maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Despite these precautions, however, QuantFu cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data and QuantFu cannot be held responsible for any actions resulting from a breach of security when information is supplied over the internet or any public computer network.
The Application and Services are not designed for or directed at children 16 years of age or younger, and QuantFu does not intentionally collect or maintain personal data about anyone under this age.
California users' specific rights
If you are an eligible California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") provides you with specific rights with respect to our collection and use of your personal information. You have the following rights under the CCPA:
- Right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. The list of categories of personal information collected and disclosed about consumers are enlisted in the section 'Personal information we collect' and the list of categories of third parties to whom the personal information may be disclosed are enlisted in the section ‘Disclosure of personal information'. Please contact us to exercise a data portability request. Separately, we do not sell your personal information.
- Right to request delete personal information we have collected from you.
- Right not to be discriminated against regarding pricing and services as you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. We do not offer consumers financial incentives, price differentials, or services in exchange for selling a consumer's personal information.
If you are a California consumer and you or your authorized agent would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at email@example.com. When we process your request, we require you to provide certain personal data about yourself to verify your identity in accordance with requirements under CCPA. This may include your first and last name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and information about your relationship with us, or other information needed to verify your identity. QuantFu will not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of these rights.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding personal data processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note we do not provide user or account support via email, this is for privacy inquiries only) or mail at:
10 High Street, Suite 701
Boston, MA 02110